Tuesday 30 October 2012

Cancel Christmas, just give me new feet.

So. There's five weeks to go now. Somehow it feels both a long way way and scarily around the corner.

I'm trying to get my head round what I need to do before I have the surgery and I'm struggling to know if I've covered everything.

I have managed to arrange for my husband and my parents to look after me for the first four weeks. This period includes Christmas itself, and of course any looking after also has to mean looking after the Little Lady who at three is energetic and quite demanding!

I'm a little worried about her jumping all over my legs and feet while I'm recovering, especially when I'm bedridden. She usually manages to stand on my feet at least once a day as it is!

Apart from people to look after me, I know I ought to be sorting out some batch cooking and freezing meals but the freezer is a) not that big and b) full of stuff. I don't really fancy trying to organise myself enough to not only empty the freezer but also to refill it with meals, so I'll probably bury my head in the sand on that one. After all, Cook is just down the road!

Vain things have been crossing my mind. How will I do my hair? Who will shave my legs? But I think I'll have to cross those bridges when I get to them. As my hair usually has to be blow-dried and then straightened in order to look okay, tomorrow night I'm going to a friend's and she is going to chemically straighten my hair using stuff she's bought off t'internet. Sounds dodgy but she does it all the time and it's a fraction of the cost of having it done in a salon. Hopefully that will mean I can wash and leave my hair to dry naturally, so I can at least be clean.

Other than that, I've kinda cancelled Christmas. I won't be able to go to any parties or gatherings, and it looks like it will just be me, hubby and the Little Lady on the day itself so it's not worth a turkey. I wonder if OH will even bother with decorations? Maybe I'll glue some tinsel to my sexy velcro shoes for the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment